Sunday, January 13, 2013

My dad is beautiful by Jessica Spanyol

Finding books about mums and dads can be a challenge, especially if you want to find a book about just one of the parents for children that have either lost a parent or don't know one of their parents.  My dad is beautiful is an incredibly simple, yet also incredibly sweet book about one little child and all the reasons that they think their dad is beautiful (although maybe it should really be "my dad is great because...").

I loved the simplicity of this book, it has great repetition for young children coming to grips with language, and it is also a great book for fathers to read to their children.  The illustrations are simple and have a unique charm because they have bears rather than people (you don't have to worry about what you look like as a dad). 

This would make a great fathers day present for dads with young children - especially when they come to grips with the story and can read it to their own dads.

If you like this book then try:
  • My mum is beautiful by Jessica Spanyol
  • Just like my mum by David Melling
  • Just like my dad by David Melling
  • Kisses for daddy by Frances Watts
  • My dad is brilliant by Nick Butterworth
  • My mum is fantastic by Nick Butterworth
  • I love you just the way you are by Virginia Miller

Reviewed by Brilla

No comments:

Post a Comment