This is a fantastically fun book that will appeal to dinosaur lovers (and anyone with a sense of humour) of all ages. This book is basically a breed book for dinosaurs with size comparisons to people, what they like to eat, what their energy levels are like, and where you can get them from. Each description includes a colour photo, many of them including people interacting with their pet dinosaurs in day-to-day life. Broken down into easy to sections, it is an easy to read book with the odd personal comment from the author about their favourites, and some very serious warnings about what not to do with some of the species.
A wonderful read that I discovered years ago (thanks to a co-worker) and I am very glad that I found it again.
If you like this book then try:
- Walking with dinosaurs: a natural history by Tim Haines
- The complete guide to prehistoric life by Tim Haines and Paul Chambers
- If dinosaurs were alive today by Dougal Dixon
- How to raise and keep a dragon by John Topsell; illustrated by Dan Malone
- Dr. Ernest Drake's dragonology: the complete book of dragons by Dugald Steer
- Dr. Ernest Drake's monsterology handbook: a practical course in monsters by Dugald Steer
- The monster maintenance manual: a spotter's guide by Peter Macinnis; illustrated by Adele K. Thomas
Reviewed by Brilla